Jamie says: This was the last lunch I enjoyed at home before moving to start my new job! (More on the job to come lata.) And this Curry Tuna Salad Sandwich on Onion Rye Bread didn’t fail to disappoint…
Say hello to amazing flavor! I’m diggin’ the curry and raisin combo and this onion rye bread is outrageous!
I stepped outside of my comfort box of using curry only for chicken…and I don’t regret it one bit. I can’t wait to make this one again!
Curry Tuna Salad Sandwich on Onion Rye Bread
- 5 oz can solid white albacore tuna in water
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 slice yellow onion
- 3 Tbsp golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- dash coarse sea salt
- 2 slices onion rye bread (Publix Bakery)
- 1 cup lettuce (Fresh Express Italian- Romaine and red cabbage)
- Drain tuna and scoop into a small bowl.
- Chop celery, tomato and onion. Add to bowl along with raisins, extra virgin olive oil, curry, and sea salt. Stir to mix. Scoop onto one slice of bread.
- Shred lettuce by thinly slicing with a knife. Place onto other slice of bread. Close sandwich. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: The main health highlights in this delicious sandwich are the turmeric (which provides antioxidant power) in the curry and the omega-3s (which are heart-healthy) in the tuna.