Jamie says: Merry Christmas Eve! Today we go to Christmas mass and host our annual Christmas Eve party. It’s one of my favorite days of the year…
My Mom makes this great Kalamata olive spread from The Frugal Gourmet Cooks with Wine cookbook. She usually makes it around Christmas time. I found a jar of it in the fridge. I tried a spoonful, and it was wonderful! I forgot how much I loved this stuff. I mixed it in with some canned salmon and made a meal out of it.
The olive spread adds so much flavor you don’t need anything else to flavor the salmon.
Salmon and Kalamata Olive Spread Open-Faced Sandwiches
- one 100% whole wheat English muffin (Thomas’)
- 4 oz pink wild Alaskan canned salmon (Bear & Wolf- from Costco)
- 2 Tbsp olive paste (The Frugal Gourmet Cooks with Wine cookbook by Jeff Smith)
- Cut English muffin in half and toast in toaster.
- Drain liquid from canned salmon (give the liquid to the cat if you have one). With a fork, combine olive spread and canned salmon.
- Top English muffin halves with salmon/olive spread mix. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Olives and salmon both have heart-healthy, good-for-you fats.