Jamie says: Last night our friends Steph and Eric came over for our annual Christmas gift exchange. We always have such a good time catching up. At one point during the night I was telling them about our breakfasts in Italy and Nutella came up. When I woke up I really wanted Nutella. So I made…
The funny thing was that I was telling them how I got tired of Nutella with breakfast every morning and ended up saving some of the little containers of the chocolate hazelnut spread. Good thing I did because I was definitely not tired of it this morning!
I like pairing waffles or chocolate with a glass of milk.
It was perfect- the fruit and chocolate hazelnut spread paired nicely with the nutty goodness of the whole grain waffle. I was reminded of chocolate-covered strawberries and bananas and chocolate fondue.
Nutella Waffles with Strawberries and Bananas and a Glass of Milk
- 2 whole grain waffles (Kashi 7 Grain)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 small banana
- 1 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella or Nocita)
- 1 cup fat free milk (Smart Balance fat free milk with omega-3s)
- Toast waffle in toaster.
- Wash strawberries. Cut tops off. Slice strawberries and banana.
- Spread waffles with chocolate hazelnut spread. Place fruit on top of one waffle and place waffle on top of fruit. Place extra fruit on the side.
- Pour a glass of milk and enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Adding milk to the meal brings along protein, calcium, vitamin D, and other important vitamins and minerals.