Jamie says: I dug into my Glory Foods prize basket and pulled out a can of turnip greens. I checked out the ingredients, and there were so many delicious flavors that I didn’t want to add much to it. So I cubed up some tofu and added it to the pot with the turnip greens. I decided to leave the broth and made it into an easy and tasty soup.
It was really flavorful, and I especially enjoyed the smokey taste. The tofu absorbed the juice from the turnip greens.
Turnip Greens Soup with Tofu
- 14.5 oz can turkey flavored turnip greens (Glory Foods)
- 14 oz block extra firm tofu (Nasoya)
- Wrap tofu in a few paper towels. Place some heavy pots or cookingware on top. Allow to drain for about 30 minutes. Cut tofu into cubes.
- Empty contents of turkey flavored turnip greens into a small pot with a lid. Add tofu to pot with turnip greens and top with the lid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Turnip greens are an excellent source of vitamins, including vitamins A, C, and K.