Jamie says: Are you in on one of the latest food trends- food trucks? They are so much fun! The food is usually a smaller portion size, unique, and served to you hot off the grill. I felt like I was eating tacos from a taco truck last night when I made dinner with these Shrimp ‘n’ Escarole Mini Tacos.
The tortillas I used were smaller than your average one, so I had a few…
My first taco I made was with shrimp and an escarole, bean, and garlic mix. I topped it with parmesean cheese and rolled it up.
It was gone in a few bites, which I savored. Yum!
For the next tacos, I added sour cream.
I liked how the sour cream made it moist and creamy.
It was a delicious new way for me to enjoy a taco- Italian style!
Shrimp ‘n’ Escarole Mini Tacos
- 16 oz bag frozen large, pink shrimp (wild caught, domestic, shell-on, 26-30 per pound), thawed in refrigerator for 12 hours
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 head fresh escarole
- 15.5 oz can great Northern beans
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- dash sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- one-third 1.25 oz packet taco seasoning mix (Publix)
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 8-12 extra thin yellow corn tortillas (Mission)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside. Chop garlic. Chop escarole into thick pieces. Drain can of beans into a collander, rinse, and drain water.
- Pour 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil in one area on a large saute pan on medium heat. Add minced garlic to the oil. Allow garlic to lightly brown (about 2 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove garlic with a spoon into a small bowl, leaving oil in pan. Add escarole, 2 additional tsp of olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper to pan. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add drained beans, garlic, and juice of lemon. Heat for an additional 3 minutes or until warm.
- In a second large saute pan, pour 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil. Add peeled and deveined shrimp, taco seasoning mix, and parsley. Stir. Cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked throughout, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave tortillas for 15 seconds.
- Prepare tacos by scooping shrimp into center of tortilla. Scoop escarole and beans on one side and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Spread sour cream on other side of shrimp. Close taco. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Savor the flavor. Slow down and enjoy your food, company, and the atmosphere.