Jamie says: I visited the newest arrival to my big Italian family the other day- baby Cecilia (or Baby C as we like to call her). She is so adorable- all 7 lbs, 9 oz of her- and she’s my Godchild! I held her in my arms… so precious! Her big eyes looked around as if to take everything in. Her skin was so soft and her hair smelled baby fresh. She was less than a week old and seemed so fragile. What a treat it was to hold a baby, especially when the baby is your Godchild. I fell in love with her instantly!
Oh, the food! That’s right… We’ll after my Dad and I visited Baby C, we journeyed to Publix. I saw nova (smoked salmon) on the shelf and it looked so tasty… it was a little pricey, but I thought, it’s cheaper than ordering it out. I tossed it in the cart. Yesterday for lunch I made…
It was delicious! I love the smoky flavor of nova, the smooth cream cheese on the crunchy English muffin, the bite of the onion, the thinly shredded lettuce, and the salted, juicy tomato!
Nova on an English Muffin with Cream Cheese, Shredded Lettuce, Onion, and Tomato
- one 100% whole wheat English muffin (Thomas’)
- 2 tsp cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 2 leaves Romaine lettuce (Publix)
- 1 small vine-ripened tomato
- dash sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 slice yellow onion
- 3 slices nova (Vita Classic Atlantic Nova Salmon)
- Cut English muffin in half. Toast in toaster until golden brown and slightly crispy. Spread cream cheese on both halves.
- Wash and dry lettuce. Roll vertically and place on a cutting board. Cut horizontally into very thin strips. Place shredded lettuce on top of English muffin halves.
- Cut tomato. Top with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Place on top of lettuce.
- Place sliced onion rings on lettuce. Top with nova. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Tired of the typical ham or turkey sandwich for lunch? Add a little variety- and heart-healthy omega 3s- with seafood like nova or lox, canned tuna and salmon, and sardines.