Jamie says: I opened my Glory Foods prize gift basket the other day. It looked so pretty that I just wanted to leave it there on the table with its plastic wrap on it, but you can’t have your cake and eat it, too. Which food should I make first, I thought. Ah, the sweet potato casserole caught my eye. (Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods.) Yes, that would be it- the can of sweet potato casserole was coming out. I heated it up and enjoyed it straight from the microwave. It was tasty and very sweet- great for a dessert… I thought it would go perfectly with slightly bitter kefir. My wheels were turning…
I made a:
Yum! It tasted very similar to pumpkin! The sweetness of the canned sweet potato casserole and the bitter of the unsweetened kefir were the perfect match.
Sweet Potato Pie Shake
- 1/3 cup canned sweet potato casserole (Glory Foods)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nonfat kefir (Lifeway)
- 2 Tbsp fat free whipped cream (Reddi Wip)
- 1/2 honey graham snack cracker (Publix)
- Add sweet potato casserole and kefir to a blender. Pulse until well-blended. Pour in a Mason jar or glass. Drink with a spoon if desired.
- Crush graham cracker into small pieces.
- Top sweet potato casserole kefir with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: After taking your first sip, you’ll have a hard time believing this sweet dessert/beverage has a nutritious side, too. But it has almost no fat and has lots of vitamin A, some fiber, calcium, and probiotics, so it certainly has a healthy kick to it.