Jamie says: The countdown begins. Seven days until Thanksgiving! Do you have your holiday breakfast in mind yet? How about that pumpkin pie recipe? Even if you do, does it take under 5 minutes to make? Is it relatively healthy? Consider making Pumpkin Pie Waffles instead. They are absolutely delicious.
It’s like having a waffle cone for the crust!
Pumpkin Pie Waffles
- 2 Tbsp walnut halves (Kirkland Signature)
- 2 whole grain waffles (Kashi 7 Grain)
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin butter- pumpkin, sugar, spices (Lynman Orchards)
- 2 sprays light whipped cream (Publix)
- dash pumpkin pie spice (Spice Islands)
- Crush walnut halves. Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring every 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat waffles in toaster.
- Spread pumpkin butter on waffles. Spray whipped cream on top; sprinkle with walnuts; and dust with pumpkin pie. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Serve with a mug of cold skim milk sprinkled with a pumpkin pie spice.
- Nutrition note: Pie crusts can be laden with saturated fat and trans fat. Enjoy a healthy crust by using Kashi waffles. Two Kashi 7 Grain waffles no trans fat and only 0.5 g of saturated fat, plus they provide half of your whole grains for the day and other health benefits.