Jamie says: I usually like breakfast food for breakfast, lunch food for lunch, and dinner food for dinner. But not lately! I couldn’t believe I wanted my leftover Chipotle burrito for breakfast last week and oatmeal for lunch today.
But not just any oatmeal… I craved Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Sliced Bananas. So, I made it.
It was really quite delicious. Ever enjoyed peanut butter on a banana? Or made chocolate peanut butter cups? Or went out for fondue and dipped banana slices in the chocolate? Or maybe had a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch? This dish is the best of the three worlds. Chocolate + peanut butter + banana on oatmeal = can’t go wrong!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Sliced Bananas
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (Quaker)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate pudding (Kozy Shack)
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter (Smucker’s)
- Pour oats and water into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir oatmeal.
- Meanwhile, slice banana.
- Top oatmeal with chocolate pudding, peanut butter, and sliced banana. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Trans fat alert! Check your peanut butter and pudding for trans fats. Don’t be deceived by the words “0 grams of trans fat per serving”… read the ingredients and avoid products with the words “partially hydrogenated oils.”