Jamie says: Do you own a pair of shoes, a purse, a classic little black dress, or something that goes with just about everything? These are staple items for your wardrobe. And just like how clothing and accessories can be staple items, so can a cereal. Cheerios has been a part of my diet since I was an infant. And you gotta love it for being so versatile, just like those shoes…
And just like the cereal is versatile, so is the milk! The PB & Blueberry Milk can also be enjoyed as a smoothie or with a spoon as a frozen treat.
The color is so brilliant- and no Red 40 or Blue 1 here. Just real color from real fruit. And it tastes so flavorful, too- like peanut butter and jelly on bread with a tall glass of milk.
PB & Blueberry Milk with Cheerios
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (e.g. Publix)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 Tbsp trans-fat free peanut butter (e.g. Smart Balance)
- 1 cup toasted whole grain oat cereal (Cheerios)
- Add blueberries, cinnamon, milk, and peanut butter to a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately as a soft frozen treat, or let sit for 5 minutes to thaw and use as a flavored milk by pouring it in a bowl of toasted whole grain oat cereal.
- Nutrition note: You may have heard that Cheerios is heart-healthy, but do you know why? It contains soluble fiber which can help lower cholesterol in a diet that’s low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thereby decreasing the risk of heart disease, according to the approved health claim on the Cheerios box.