Jamie says: Yoga. It’s a gentle workout, right? Sometimes, not always. But certainly not this time. My arms were shaking from doing so many chaturangas. They still are. Yup, it was yoga that did me in. As a post-work out snack I made a Chocolate Strawberry Kefir Shake. Kathryn eagerly volunteered to be my unbiased taste-tester. The slightly bitter and slightly sweet chocolate flavors balanced each other out nicely. Let’s just say I ended up making another batch…
Chocolate Strawberry Kefir Shake
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup low fat plain kefir (Lifeway)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa (Hershey’s)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Microwave strawberries in a bowl for 1 minute or until just slightly icy.
- Blend strawberries, kefir, cinnamon, cocoa, and maple syrup in a small blender until well mixed. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Lactose intolerant? Try kefir. Lifeway kefir is 99% lactose free.