Jamie says: My latest food kicks are dill and dips. This is quite interesting since I really never cared for dill and I’m not the biggest dip fan. I think I’m enjoying them so much because it’s new untrodden territory (somewhat like the new formatting of this blog post; what do you think?). My original intention for the Garlic Dill Dip/Spread was for a sandwich using the leftover pork meatballs and sauce from dinner last night. Dad made the meatballs, but if your looking for a recipe, try my version of Grandma’s recipe for pork meatballs. They’re great, too!
This creation turned out to be quite tasty. I then thought that Garlic Dill Dip/Spread would be good on sandwiches, as well. (Insert your favorite sandwich toppings e.g. turkey, ham, or chicken and lots of sandwich veggies, into the picture below.)
And why can’t a spread become a dip? Just add some good chips and you got yourself a tasty, high protein dip. By the way, have you tried the new Terra Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt yet? They are quite tasty and have lots of vitamin A.
Garlic Dill Dip/Spread
- 4 oz container cottage cheese (Breakstone’s 2% with live and active cultures)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp dill
- 1 Tbsp sweet onion, chopped
- Combine cottage cheese, garlic powder, dill, and chopped onion in a bowl.
- Serve as a dip (e.g. with chips, such as Terra Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt) or spread (e.g. on a sandwich, like a pork meatball sandwich). Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Use Garlic Dill Dip/Spread as a substitute for sour cream, mayonnaise, or dip. It has more protein, less fat, and fewer calories than an equal amount of sour cream or mayonnaise.