Jamie says: I made my first yogurt dressing tonight. I love the Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings and decided it was time to try making my own. It was so easy that I’m looking forward to experimenting more.
The dressing was creamy and lightly sweetened, and the salad was tasty, light, and refreshing.
Arugula Salad with Beets and Citrus Cherry Yogurt Dressing
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced Spiced Orange Beets (see blog post below)
- 1 stick celery
- 1 carrot (or 1/2 cup carrot chips)
- 1 slice sweet onion
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt (Chobani)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice (Tropicana, some pulp)
- 2 Tbsp dried tart cherries (Sun-Maid)
- In a medium salad bowl, add arugula and Spiced Orange Beets. Thinly slice celery. Cut carrots into 1/4″ slices using a ribbed slicer (or use carrot chips). Chop onion. Add to salad and toss.
- In a mini blender, add yogurt, orange juice, and tart cherries. Pulse until blended.
- Serve salad in salad bowls. Spoon yogurt dressing on top (don’t forget to get some dried cherries if they settled to the bottom). Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Gotta love leftovers (like those Spiced Orange Beets). They save time and sometimes they’re even better the next day. Just remember to refrigerate them immediately and to use them within 4 days according to the Mayo Clinic and NSF.