Jamie says: After enjoying the evening with fellow Gators at my first Broward County Gator Club event, I was looking for part 2 of my dinner. I quickly made this Tofu & Egg Arugula Parmesan Omelet.
The tofu took on the flavor of the eggs and made it a hearty omelet. Using the omelet pan made it easy to flip and made the eggs nice and fluffy.
Tofu & Egg Arugula Parmesan Omelet
- 3.5 oz (1/4 of 14 oz package) extra firm tofu (TofuPlus)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs (4 grain omega 3)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 Tbsp onion
- 2 Tbsp tomato
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- no-stick cooking spray
- Cut tofu into cubes. In a non-stick pan on medium high-heat, add canola oil and diced tofu. Cook for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Crack eggs in a bowl. Beat with a fork.
- Chop onion and tomato.
- In an omelet pan on medium heat, pour in egg. Add cooked tofu, arugula, and chopped onion and tomato. Close lid. Cook for about 3 minutes. Flip. Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Top with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and ketchup.
- Nutrition note: The Tofu & Egg Arugula Parmesan Omelet is a high protein and low carbohydrate meal.