Jamie says: Eggplant has always been one of those challenging foods for me to cook. But today, finally, I nailed it! I made Roasted Curry Eggplant with Garlic Dill Yogurt Sauce.
It was so good, I could have eaten the whole thing myself. The eggplant was tender and full of rich, curry flavor. The garlic salt and dill made the plain yogurt anything but plain; it was creamy and delightful! If I had another eggplant, I’d cook it right now and make it again!
Roasted Curry Eggplant with Garlic Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp curry
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt (Stonyfield)
- 1 Tbsp dill
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Chop eggplant by first laying it on its side and slicing into circles about 1/2 inch thick; and then stacking a few slices and cutting into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large, metal baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle sea salt, curry, and cumin on top. Mix. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, dill, and garlic salt.
- Serve eggplant with yogurt sauce on top. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Add some calcium to your meal by using yogurt as a sauce.