Jamie says: These carrots were anything but ordinary! The raisins were plump and full of spiced rum flavor. Everyone in my family loved them.
Rum Raisin Carrots with Almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp original spiced rum (Captain Morgan)
- 16 oz bag carrots
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted mini almonds (POM Wonderful)
- In a small pot, soak raisins in rum for about 20 minutes. Then heat on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until raisins are plump.
- Slice carrots into 1/2 inch coins. Place in a double broiler with water on the bottom and steam for about 20 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Place carrots in a serving bowl, and pour rum raisin mix on top. Top with almonds. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Did you know that raisins contain antioxidants? They ranked third in antioxidants when compared to the ten most commonly eaten fruits in the US, according to an abstract accepted for the American Dietetic Association’s FNCE conference this year.