Jamie says: K and I put our creative minds together to come up with this one which turned out to be… amazing! Even my Mom who was skeptical of tempeh loved it.
The tempeh tasted nutty and the dipping sauce was moist and creamy. The crunch of the toasty ginger and garlic added a punch of flavor. It was fun to eat, too- just like a chicken tender! We’ll be making this one again for sure!
Ginger Garlic Tempeh Sticks with Dill Dipping Sauce
Dill Dipping Sauce
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 dill
- 1/8 basil
- 1/8 thyme
- 1/8 garlic salt
- In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together until mixed.
Ginger Garlic Tempeh Sticks
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 oz block tempeh (Lightlife organic three grain)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Peel ginger and mince. Peel garlic.
- Cut tempeh into strips (sticks).
- In a saute pan on medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil and tempeh sticks. Roll tempeh sticks in oil to coat. Add minced ginger to pan. Using a garlic press, add garlic to pan. Cook for about 15 minutes, rotating tempeh and stirring frequently so that tempeh evenly browns and ginger and garlic don’t burn.
- Serve with Dill Dipping Sauce and crispy ginger and garlic pieces from pan. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: For a meatless main dish that is still high in protein, try tempeh. One serving (4 oz) of tempeh provides 20 grams of protein (about 40% of the daily value).