Jamie says: I made a late night shopping adventure to Publix for a battery for my bike computer. I figured I’d get “a few” things from the grocery list, but that’s never the case. I bought “a lot of vegetables” (according to the cashier at Publix). One of my veggies was collard greens…
Garlicky Collards & White Beans
- 2 Tbsp, 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz bag collard greens (Glory Foods)
- 15.5-oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- In a large pan on medium heat, add 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add collard greens, stir, and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add beans, stir, and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until greens are soft.
- Meanwhile, peel and mince garlic. In a small pan on medium heat, add 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil and cook minced garlic for about 1 minute, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Top collard greens with vinegar and crunchy garlic. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Collard greens are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K. Go green leafy veggies!