Jamie says: The little, old Italian man at the market in Campo De Fiori in Rome, Italy was so cute making exciting shapes out of veggies that I had to spend too much (15 Euros) on the plastic cooking tools he was selling. But, hey, he gave me a “student discount,” and my gosh, the one thing could juice and the other tool could peel AND cut… might as well get all four pieces. Mom and I had fun making these Zucchini Curls at home, but we soon realized the old man sure did a better job.
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (Publix)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning (William Sonoma Potlatch Seasoning, Salmon & Seafood Spice Rub- salt, paprika, crushed red pepper, chili pepper, oregano, basil, coriander, safflower oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Use a cooking tool to cut curls of zucchini. Place pieces in a large pan and drizzle with canola oil. Sprinkle seasoning on top. Mix well.
- Pull curls apart and place other pieces of zucchini in between so zucchini cooks evenly and quickly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until soft. Enjoy!
The seasoning made the zucchini very flavorful and had a nice spicy kick to it. It was fun to eat curls of zucchini instead of the traditional circles.
- Nutrition note: Make veggies fun to eat by cutting them into different shapes, like curls.