Jamie says: Happy fall! Today’s the first day of the season and it’s also one of my favorite days of the year. I have no idea why I have this strange connection to the number 23 and September 23rd, but for some reason, I love the date. And I also love all of the pumpkin foods and beverages that become available. I “pre-gamed” with two Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos this week… but to officially kick off the season, I made…
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (Quaker)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp raisins (Publix)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Spice Island)
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin butter- pumpkin, sugar, spices (Lynman Orchards)
- 2 Tbsp fat free milk (Publix)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add oatmeal, water, and raisins. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin butter. Top with milk. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Pumpkin is a great source of vitamin A (in the form of beta carotene). Vitamin A is important for vision.