Kathryn says: Happy Fall! J came home with a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino yesterday, and it made me want to cook with pumpkin. I woke up this morning and put this tasty shake together with what we had around the house. I like to call it a PB&C Shake.
Pumpkin Butter, Banana and Coconut Shake
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1/2 banana
- 3 oz (1/2 of a small container) of coconut yogurt (I used Publix CocoRico yogurt)
- 1 tsp pumpkin butter (I used Lyman Orchards Pumpkin Butter that my Dad brought home from a trip to Connecticut, but you can make it with canned pumpkin, sugar and spices such as ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves)
- 1 tsp milk (I used non-fat Lactaid)
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until ice is fully blended.
- Pour into cup and enjoy as a breakfast drink, snack or dessert.
- J’s nutrition note: Using yogurt as a base for shakes adds calcium, which helps maintain strong bones.