Kathryn says: Having just returned from a two-week vacation in Italy, I certainly miss the food. Thankfully, I can incorporate some of those delicious Italian flavors into my cooking…like olives.
Salmon and Olive Sandwich
- 2 oz. cottage cheese (I used Breakstone’s Live Active Lowfat Cottage Cheese)
- a handful of olives, pitted (I used Kalamata olives)
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach
- medium-sized piece of salmon
- 2 slices of bread (I used Publix Five Grain bread)
- (optional) ketchup
- Cook salmon to your liking. (I used leftover salmon from J’s Jerk Rub Salmon recipe. For a simpler salmon, just put your slab of fish on an ungreased frying pan and cook it on the stovetop on medium heat until golden brown and crispy.)
- Wash spinach and microwave it for about 45 seconds.
- Place salmon and spinach on bread. Top with cottage cheese and olives.
- Add ketchup if you’d like.
J’s nutrition note: Olives contain mono-unsaturated fats and salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids, both of which are heart healthy.