Jamie says: These past four weeks have been busy. In a month, I have… graduated; moved home; applied for jobs; traveled back to Gainesville/Jacksonville for a wedding; gone on a cruise with my girls from freshman year dorm life; studied for, taken, and passed the RD exam; and applied for state licensure. Whew!
Sardine Arugula Sandwiches
- 1/5 loaf harvest grain bread (Publix Bakery, artisan bread)
- 1/2 cup roquette arugula (Fresh Attitude)
- 1 slice sweet onion
- 4,375 oz box sardines in tomato sauce (Season Brand)
- Cut bread piece in thirds horizontally (instead of in half).
- Divide arugula among bread slices.
- Chop onion slice and place on top of arugula.
- Top with sardines and sauce. Use extra sauce for dipping.
- Nutrition note: Sardines are loaded with heart-healthy omega-3s and calcium. The Sardine Arugula Sandwiches have 2,800 mg omega-3s and 40% of the Daily Value of calcium.