Jamie says: It’s the Gator’s first football game of the season. It’s different not being in the ‘ville to tailgate and watch the game at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, but we’re still going to support our team; we’re venturing to a local sports bar tonight to cheer on our Gators! It’s true- the Gator Nation is everywhere! Go Gators!
Toasted Walnut & Jelly Banana Wrap
- 1/3 cup walnuts (Kirkland Signature)
- 1 medium banana (Chiquita)
- 2 small whole wheat tortillas (La Tortilla Factory, Smart & Delicious, low carb, high fiber)
- 1/4 cup blueberry jelly (homemade by my friend, Lori Blanton)
- 1 tsp natural unsweetened cocoa (Hershey’s)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (McCormick)
- 1 oz box cranberries (Sun-Maid, Cape Cod)
- On a small plate, microwave walnuts for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, cut banana in half length-wise. Center a half of banana on each wrap.
- Spread jelly on one side of banana. Sprinkle jelly with cocoa and cinnamon.
- Place walnuts and cranberries on other side of banana. Roll.
Serves: 1. Serving recommendation: Serve with a tall glass of fat free milk. Enjoy!
So flavorful! I like the cinnamon/cocoa combination. The cranberries and jelly add sweetness. Toasting the walnuts brings out their flavor.
- Nutrition note: Of all the nuts, walnuts have the most omega-3s. Since walnuts are a plant source, the omega-3s are in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).