Jamie says: It’s official! As of today, I am a Registered Dietitian! I took the Registration Examination for Dietitians this morning and immediately found out I passed! -Jamie Stolarz, MS, RD
Prosciutto Fig Wraps
- 10 figs (Western Fresh Marketing, e.g. sierra figs)
- 1 Tbsp feta reduced fat crumbled cheese (Publix)
- 25 semi-sweet chocolate morsels (Publix)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (Filippo Berio)
- dash coarse sea salt (Alessi)
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp orange blossom honey (Leighton’s)
- 0.10 lbs very thinly sliced prosciutto piccolo (Boar’s Head)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and slice figs in half length-wise.
- Press crumbles of feta and/or chocolate morsels into center of each fig half. Place figs, stuffed side up, on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle some figs with honey to make sweeter figs. Drizzle remaining figs with extra virgin olive oil and top with sea salt and ground pepper to make more savory figs.
- Heat in the oven for 5 minutes or until warm and chocolate morsels are slightly melted.
- Meanwhile, cut prosciutto slices into thirds length-wise.
- Remove from oven and wrap with prosciutto pieces. Serve warm.
Serves: 3. Enjoy!
Absolutely delicious! Sweet and savory. My favorite combination was the Prosciutto Fig Wrap with chocolate chips with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Looks fancy, but it’s so easy. The perfect appetizer for a party or special event.
- Nutrition note: Enjoy a little appetizer before your meal to curb off hunger so you don’t overeat.