Jamie says: It’s time to start getting back into my triathlon training. My new running shoes were begging me to be used. So, this week was my first week back. It felt great to get into the pool (my favorite place) and start “running” again. I’m really trying to balance it out- swim, bike, run, weights, yoga, and rest days. Yoga has been a nice addition to the mix- it keeps me from getting too tight and enables me to do my next workout. And you can’t forget the delicious, healthful food that goes along with the training…
Waffles with Chilled Pears and Almonds
- 2 Kashi 7 Grain waffles
- 1 Bartlett pear, ripe, refrigerated
- 1 Tbsp Smart Balance Whipped Buttery Spread, organic
- 2 Tbsp POM Wonderful Mini Almonds, roasted & salted
- Heat waffles in a toaster.
- Chop a pear.
- Spread Smart Balance on waffles. Top with chopped pear and almonds.
- Nutrition note: A balanced breakfast is a great way to start your day! This meal provides protein (from the almonds and some from the waffles) and lots of fiber (from the pears, waffles, and almonds) to keep you full and satisfied longer.