Jamie says: I’m going to tell you a little secret: I skipped steps 1 and 3- the cooking steps today. How? When I made the Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes with Almond Butter and Blueberries last week, I saved the extra serving of pancakes, wrapped them in aluminum foil and put them in a Ziplock bag in the freezer. Then, this morning, I took the pancakes out of the bag, opened up the aluminum foil, and tossed them in the oven (preheated to about 400°F) for about 10 minutes. Vuala- breakfast in no time!
Chocolate Apple Pancakes
- 3/4 cup Hodgson Mill whole wheat buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 apples (organic, gala)
- 2 6-oz containers Stonyfield Chocolate Underground vanilla and chocolate yogurt
- Preheat griddle to 360°F. In a small bowl, stir together pancake mix, milk, egg, and oil until blended. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use an apple corer/slicer to cut apples into slices. Use a knife to cut apple slices into small pieces. Open yogurt containers and stir well to spread the chocolate on the bottom evenly throughout the yogurt.
- Spray griddle with no-stick cooking spray. Pour pancake batter into four pancakes on griddle. Cook until bubbles start to appear on pancake and bottom is golden brown, about 45 seconds. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Spread yogurt on pancakes and top with chopped apple pieces. Use the extra yogurt for dipping.
Serves: 2. Enjoy!
I love Stonyfield Chocolate Underground yogurt, and it tastes delicious on pancakes. The apples add a nice crunch, too.
- Nutrition note: To make healthy eating a part of your everyday lifestyle, try freezing leftovers or doubling a recipe. Then, you’ll have a healthy meal ready for those days you just don’t want to cook or don’t have time to.