Jamie says: Have you ever craved the same thing over and over again and eaten it for days in a row? I like to call it my “food kick.” Someone else told me it’s eating like a preschooler. Whatever you’d like to call it, I’ve had my fair share of food kicks- my chocolate banana milkshake is one. Two of my recent food kicks are oatmeal and frozen yogurt/gelato/ice cream (not together, thank goodness). My latest food kick is canned salmon…
Salmon Ginger Arugula Salad
- 2 cups roquette arugula (Fresh Attitude)
- 1 small vine-ripened tomato
- 1 slice sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp raisins (Publix)
- 1/2 6-oz can premium boneless and skinless wild Alaskan pink salmon (Bear & Wolf- from Costco)
- 3 Tbsp Asian ginger extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette (Bolthouse Farms)
- Pour arugula on plate. Chop tomato and onion slice and add to arugula. Sprinkle raisins on top. Use a fork to flake salmon onto center of salad. Drizzle dressing on top. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
It’s so good, I’ve had variations of this meal three days in a row! The salmon tastes like a moister tuna fish.
- Nutrition note: Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3s and vitamin D. This meal has about 490 mg of omega-3s. Aim for eating 2 servings of fish each week. For more information about fish and omega-3s, check out the: American Heart Association’s Fish 101.