Jamie says: Dad and I tag-teamed dinner last night. I seasoned the pork chops and then watched Dad do the grilling. It was a nice night out, so when Mom got home from work, we sat outside under the gazebo and enjoyed dinner.
Grilled Italian Herb Pork Chops
- 3 boneless pork loin chops (lean pork, Publix)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (Filippo Berio)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill. Meanwhile, pierce pork chops with a fork on both sides. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on both sides of pork chops. Rub in. Use a garlic press to crush garlic onto both sides of pork chops. Sprinkle each side with parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook on grill for 5 minutes. Flip to cook other side for an additional 5 minutes, or until white on the inside. Serves: 3. Enjoy!
Juicy and flavorful.
Nutrition note: When grilling meats, use a marinade to reduce the formation of heterocyclic amines. Heterocyclic amines may be cancer causing. For more information, check out a research study on this topic.