Jamie says: I’ve been home for three whole days now… I’ve spent much of this time unpacking and sorting all my belongings from Gainesville. This made me want to streamline the amount of “stuff” I own. So I did a massive clean-out of my room and made piles and piles of stuff to give away. It feels good to be more Zen- to clear some space.
Buttermilk Pancakes with Almond Butter and Blueberries
- 3/4 cup Hodgson Mill whole wheat buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- original no-stick cooking spray (PAM)
- 2 Tbsp creamy almond butter (MaraNatha)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (Dole)
- Preheat griddle to 360°F. In a small bowl, stir together pancake mix, milk, egg, and oil until blended. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat frozen blueberries in the microwave until warm, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Spray griddle with no-stick cooking spray. Pour pancake batter into four pancakes on griddle. Cook until bubbles start to appear on pancake and bottom is golden brown, about 45 seconds. Flip and repeat on the other side. Top with almond butter. Serves: 2. Serving suggestion: Serve with a cold glass of milk. Enjoy!
Hearty and very filling! Just like a PB and J sandwich on thick pancakes. The hot blueberries are a healthy alternative to syrup. I prefer Kodiak pancake mix, but for thicker pancakes, these are a healthy and tasty option.
- Nutrition note: Trying to find a good pancake mix doesn’t have to be a daunting experience. Look for whole wheat or whole grain and no partially hydrogenated oils (trans fats) in the ingredients list. Most likely there won’t be many options to choose from after using those two criteria as filters. I recommend Kodiak Cakes Frontier flapjack and waffle mix (my favorite) or for a thicker pancake- Hodgson Mill whole wheat buttermilk pancake mix.