Jamie says: Last night I had dinner at my Grandma’s house. She cooked up a storm (as usual). She made sausage hoagies with peppers and onions, salad, fennel grapefruit salad, prosciutto fig wraps, vegetable soup, and desserts. She’s 83. I hope when I’m 83 I’ll still be cooking like my Italian Grandmother.
Key Lime Pie French Toast
- 1 large egg (4 Grain, omega 3)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (McCormick)
- 1 Tbsp fat free milk (Publix)
- 2 slices 100% whole wheat potato bread (Martin’s)
- canola cooking spray (Publix)
- one 4 oz container key lime pie low fat yogurt mousse (Yoplait, Whips!)
- Pre-heat a small frying pan on a burner set on medium-high heat. Mix egg, cinnamon, and milk in a bowl. Dip both slices of bread, front and back, in egg mixture. Lightly spray pan with cooking spray. Place slices on frying pan (one at a time or side by side depending on pan size). Cook for about 1 minute or until egg is cooked. Flip and repeat to cook other side.
- Use a cookie cutter (e.g. star shaped) to cut out the center of the French toast slices. Fill centers with yogurt and place cut-out French toast pieces on the side.
- Nutrition note: Get creative! Use kitchen tools (like cookie cutters) to make healthy foods fun.