Jamie says: I can’t believe it, but I am almost done with school. I had my last day of class this Tuesday and I’ll have my last day of internship next Tuesday. I’ve been in school my whole life and soon that will all change. I’ll soon be entering the working world. It’s both scary and exciting. Wow!
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic
- Publix organic ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut potato in half width-wise. Cut haves in half and so on until small “fry-like” pieces are made.
- Place on a baking sheet. Pour extra virgin olive oil on top. Sprinkle with sea salt, oregano, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Mince garlic. Sprinkle on top. Bake for about 45 minutes or until soft and golden brown. Serve with ketchup to dip in. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
Sweet and salty. I like the coarse salt crystals, and the garlic adds lots of flavor.
- Nutrition note: What makes these “fries” healthier than the restaurant fries? First of all, the oil used in this recipe (olive oil) is good for you because it’s a monounsaturated fat unlike the oil that’s used in restaurants which is laden with trans fats. Also, unlike white potatoes, sweet potatoes have lots of beta carotene (vitamin A) making them more nutritious.