Jamie says: I’d like to quote my sister on this one: “It was a Stolarz sisters extravaganza.” She’s referring to tonight’s Zumba class. K teaches Zumba at the gym on campus. I not only attended her class for the first time, but she let me co-lead the warm-up with her. It was quite a spectacular site. You should have seen us.
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15.5 oz can great northern beans
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- Mince garlic. In a small saute pan on medium heat, add olive oil. Add minced garlic. Toast for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans. Pour into a serving bowl. Chop tomatoes and parsley and add to beans. Squeeze lemon juice into beans. Add toasted garlic. Stir. Refrigerate to chill. Serves: 3. Enjoy!
Italy has arrived! The parsley is so refreshing, and I love the crunchy garlic.
- Nutrition note: Beans are a great source of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber can help lower your cholesterol- think of it like a sponge that helps absorbs cholesterol.