Jamie says: Hello, food! It’s sure good to see you!
Herb Chicken On The Bone
- 2 chicken breasts with rib meat
- 1 Tbsp, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Drizzle olive oil and pour spices on top of chicken. Bake for about 55 minutes or until cooked throughout. Serves 2. Enjoy!
Sweet & Salty Cabbage
- 1 head of purple cabbage
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- Fill the bottom of a large pot with a lid with water. Place a veggie basket/steamer inside. Meanwhile, rinse cabbage and slice. Place in steamer basket. Steam in the pot on a burner on high heat for about 25 minutes or until soft. Drizzle with canola oil, salt, and honey. Mix well. Serves: 6. Enjoy!
Wow! It’s almost like dessert! The sweet honey takes the spotlight and the salt amps up the flavor even more. Kathryn used to think cabbage was gross but now thinks it’s amazing after eating my Sweet and Salty Cabbage and Tropical Fruit & Pistachio Ginger Slaw.
Cinnamon Spread Corn On The Cob
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- 2 Tbsp Shedd’s Country Crock cinnamon spread
- Remove husks from corn. Rinse under water. Wrap in a damp paper towel. Microwave for 5 minutes. Use a knife to season ears of corn with cinnamon spread. Serves: 2. Enjoy!
I love the sweet cinnamon taste, and it’s so easy to make.
- Nutrition note: Remember to use good food safety skills. Here are some of the big ones: Defrost meat in the refrigerator. Keep raw meat separate from produce. Wash your hands before cooking and after touching raw meat. Sanitize counter tops. Make sure food is cooked throughout. Get a new fork and knife after checking chicken if it’s not done. Refrigerate food after it’s cool (2 hours is usually the max).