Jamie says: Today I had the opportunity to prick myself with a lancet to measure my blood glucose. I started a new dietetic internship rotation this week- a diabetes outpatient rotation. About a year or so ago in class, we had to prick our fingers and giver ourselves pretend insulin- at that time, it took me some time to get up the courage to do this. However, this time I did it right away. I couldn’t believe myself. I think after watching patients over the past three days prick their fingers, I felt like it was the least I could do to have some insight into their lives. (I also counted the carbohydrates of this recipe.) I’m looking forward to learning a lot about diabetes over the next 4 weeks.
Raisin Ginger Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1/2 cup living alfalfa sprouts
- 1 Tbsp Bolthouse Farms Asian ginger extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- Rinse and pat dry sprouts with a paper towel.
- Add sprouts to a bowl along with ginger vinaigrette and raisins. Toss. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
Light, refreshing, sweet, and healthy.
- Nutrition note: This snack/side dish has 54 calories and 10 g carbohydrates.