Jamie says: I would like to pay tribute to the Classic Chocolate Banana Milkshake (and all its variations). I have to say, this is one of my favorite recipes. I make it for myself all the time, I’ve made it for my family, and I’ve made it for the veterans at the VA hospital. It’s just so good! This creamy chocolatey drink tastes sinful, but it’s got a halo over it for its nutrient profile. It never disappoints me. I hope you like it just as much as I do.
Classic Chocolate Banana Milkshake
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 cup skim (fat-free) milk
- Add frozen banana slices, cocoa, ice cubes, and milk to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- 1 packet of Truvia,
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
- 3 Tbsp frozen blueberries, and/or
- 2 tsp natural peanut butter
- Hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa (instead of dark cocoa)
- Banana slices (instead of frozen banana slices)
- Low-fat milk with omega 3s (instead of skim milk)
I absolutely love the classic Banana Milkshake and all its variations! For a milkshake-like consistency, use frozen bananas. For a chocolate milk-like consistency, do not freeze the banana slices.
- Nutrition note: With 200 calories, the chocolate banana milkshake makes the perfect snack. It has no added sugar, it’s low in fat, and it’s a good source of fiber, calcium, potassium, and protein. Here’s the nutrient analysis for the classic banana milkshake- Calories: 200; Protein 11 g; Carbohydrate: 42 g; Fiber: 5 g; Fat: 1 g; Calcium: 235 mg; Potassium: 736 mg; Magnesium: 79 mg; Sodium: 110 mg