Jamie says: I felt like switching it up a little bit, so I bought almond butter instead of peanut butter at the grocery store last week. Almond butter tastes somewhat similar to peanut butter, but it has a more nutty flavor. I’ve really been enjoying it, especially when it’s paired with chocolate. Then again, there’s not too much that would not be good in the presence of chocolate…
Almond Butter & Cocoa Banana Wrap
1 Smart & Delicious large whole wheat tortilla
2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 large banana
- 1 tsp Hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa
- Spread almond butter on opposite sides of tortilla (so it will stick together when you roll it up).
- Slice banana (but keep slices together). Place banana (sliced) in wrap.
- Sprinkle banana with cocoa. Roll wrap. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
The Almond Butter & Cocoa Banana Wrap goes great with a glass of skim milk. The taste? Think chocolate peanut butter cup meets peanut butter and banana sandwich.
- Nutrition note: Surprisingly, Hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa actually has more antioxidants than Hershey’s special dark 100% cocoa. Reading food labels can teach even a dietetics student a lot.