Jamie says: Most of the time, when oatmeal is red (or blue or green, etc) it’s because the packet of oatmeal contains food dye. Not with my Strawberry Pomegranate Oatmeal, though. Give your oatmeal some color (and a boost of protein) with Teras Whey Pomegranate Cranberry Goat Whey Protein powder. The red color comes from red beets, not red 40.
Strawberry Pomegranate Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 packet (0.5 oz) Teras Whey Pomegranate Cranberry Goat Whey Protein powder
- 4 large strawberries
- 1/4 cup skim (fat free) milk
- Pour oats and water into a microwavable bowl. Stir. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, slice strawberries.
- Stir protein powder into oats; mix well.
- Top with strawberries and milk. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
The hint of goat milk taste provides a slightly smokey and savory flavor that nicely complements the sweetness of the strawberries.
- Nutrition note: This breakfast contains ~19 grams of protein per serving, a good amount for a breakfast. Protein is not only important for muscles. It is also helpful in providing satiety (keeping you feeling full longer). Additionally, enzymes that are important for metabolism are proteins and your hair and skin are made of protein.