Jamie says: Make PB & J something special.
Peanut Butter and Blueberry Jam Open-Faced Sandwiches
- 1/8 loaf multi-grain/ whole grain artisan bread (La Brea Bakery, from Costco)
- 2 Tbsp organic creamy peanut butter (Smucker’s)
- 3 Tbsp blueberry spreadable fruit (Polaner All Fruit with Fiber)
- Slice bread. On each slice, spread peanut butter and then spreadable fruit. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
The taste of the peanut butter and blueberry jam really stand out without the extra slice of bread on top. The sandwich goes great with a cold glass of milk.
- Nutrition note: Most peanut butters have trans-fats (hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils). I’ve found that the peanut butters you have to stir don’t have trans fats, but always read the ingredients label to say away from those bad guys.