Jamie says: Spring ahead for daylight savings = dinners outside on the picnic table = wonderfulness. Enjoy the beautiful weather and take your dinner outside. Kathryn and I are still using our infamous “Golden Tray.” (It’s our second one; thank you, Aunt Carrie).
Cilantro Garlic Bread
- 1/2 long loaf of bread (i.e. French bread)
- 2 Tbsp Smart Balance original buttery spread
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro, fresh
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut the bread into two long pieces and then slice each piece. Spread Smart Balance on open face of loaves. Peel garlic and press in garlic press. Spread garlic on top of bread. Using kitchen sheers, cut cilantro and arrange on top of bread. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on top. Bake for 12 minutes or until warm and toasty. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serves: 2-4. Enjoy!
Fresh. Delicious. Garlicky. I like how the garlic is not completely cooked. It’s a little strong but I think that’s what makes it so good…reminds me of garlic bread from my favorite Italian restaurant back at home. Beware of garlic breath, though…
- Nutrition note: Garlic may offer cardiovascular benefits such as reducing blood pressure.