Jamie says: Save a bowl, use a melon? Kathryn left me a half a melon in the fridge. I was feeling a little adventurous/creative and decided to switch things up. Instead of putting melon in my yogurt, I put yogurt on my melon. It was quite fun.
Yogurt Cantaloupe Crunch Bowl
- 1/2 small cantaloupe
- one 4 oz container Stoneyfield Organic Oikos vanilla 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Kashi Golden Goodness cereal
- Cut cantaloupe in half. Scoop out seeds.
- Spoon the container of yogurt into the melon. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar and cereal, adding the rest as you eat it. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
The brown sugar dissolved nicely in the juice of the cantaloupe and added a nice sweetness to the other ingredients. The cereal added a nice crunch, too.
- Nutrition note: Give Greek yogurt a try. It has more protein than regular yogurt. Protein is not only important for your muscles, but it also has many other essential roles. Your body has enzymes which are proteins. The hemoglobin in your blood is a protein, too.