Jamie says: I made my first hardboiled egg! I did what most people do now-a-days and Googled it. After watching a video, I gave it a shot. It was a success!
Dried Fruit ‘n’ Nut Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
- one 4-Grain omega-3 large egg
- 3 cups Fresh Express Fancy Greens- curly tango blend with crisp Romaine (Romaine lettuce, green tango, radicchio, carrots)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp sweet onion
- 3/4 cup Bush’s Best reduced sodium chick peas
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp Craisins dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Wonderful mini almonds
- 3 Tbsp Bolthouse Farms Asian ginger vinaigrette
- Hardboiled egg: Put an egg in a small pot, and fill the pot with tap water to cover the egg. Place on stove top on high heat. Bring water to a boil. Remove pot from heat, place a lid on the pot, and allow to sit for 13 minutes. Drain water. Place egg in a bowl with tap water to cool egg. Crack egg in bowl and use water to help remove the shell. Slice the egg.
- Pour salad mix on a plate. Add egg slices to lettuce. Slice bell pepper and onion and add to lettuce along with chick peas, raisins, cranberries,and almonds. Top with ginger dressing. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
Healthy, crunchy, sweet, salty goodness! The hardboiled egg was delicate and tasty, too.
- Nutrition note: The new Dietary Guidelines recommend reducing sodium intake (including salt in food and added salt) to less than 2,300 mg per day and to 1,500 mg per day for those ≥ 51 years of age, African Americans, or those with hypertension, diabetes, or chronic kidney disease. Canned food can be high in sodium. When choosing canned food, look for reduced-sodium products.