Jamie says: March is National Nutrition Month. This year’s theme is “Eat Right with Color.” Get ready early by making Garlic Chicken with Roasted Carrots, Onions, & Purple Potatoes.
Garlic Chicken with Roasted Carrots, Onions, & Purple Potatoes
- 1 lb carrots
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 28 oz purple potatoes
- 1 3/4 lb chicken breast with ribs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Thickly slice carrots and onions and place in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Place chicken breasts in the center of a second 13 x 9-inch baking sheet. Halve purple potatoes and place around the chicken. Peel garlic and place on top of chicken breasts.
- Drizzle olive oil over everything in the baking dish and baking sheet. Mix well. Sprinkle McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning on chicken. Sprinkle carrots, onions, and potatoes with salt and pepper. Bake everything for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked and veggies are soft and lightly brown. Pan drippings can be served on top of meal if desired. Serves 4. Enjoy!
A wonderful meal! I enjoyed the sweet carrots and onions, hardy potatoes, and juicy chicken. The bright colors on the plate were beautiful, too.
- Nutrition note: You can “Eat Right with Color” by enjoying colorful fruits and vegetables such as purple potatoes.