Jamie says: I love being outside and the weather has been divine lately. I brought my lunch outside and enjoyed the fresh air at the new picnic table next to my apartment.
- 2 slices Arnold 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 heirloom (UglyRipe) tomato
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place slices of bread on a baking sheet. Thickly slice tomato, and place on top of bread. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, and oregano. Chop basil and add to top of tomatoes. Generously sprinkle tomatoes with grated Parmesan cheese. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is toasted on the bottom, tomatoes are soft and warm, and cheese is melted. Serving recommendation- serve with soup. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
Light, refreshing, delicious.
- Nutrition note: The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans have been released. Eat more whole grains (make some Margarita Toast) and step up to the challenge.