Kathryn says: Mom and I made these gluten-free Cream Cheese Spice Cakes to bring to a holiday party we were invited to. The cakes were extra-moist and tasty. And the icing (my grandma’s recipe) made them irresistible. I had seconds.
- For cake:
- 2 packages Simply Organic Pumpkin Cake Mix (they’re gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 tbs. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two 12-count muffin pans. (We used rectangular ones.)
- Mix all cake ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour into muffin pans and bake 20-25 minutes until center tests done with a toothpick or knife.
- Remove from pans and cool completely
- Mix all icing ingredients together.
- Pour into piping bag (or Ziploc bag and cut the tip).
- Pipe a generous amount of icing onto each cake, about one or two tablespoonsful.