Jamie says: This weekend I went to a Secret Santa gift exchange with the ladies in my dietetics program. I brought chicken wings for my appetizer contribution since they have some protein and tend to be a popular party option. I modified the recipe for Emperor Chicken Wings recipe from Newman’s Own.
Teriyaki Chicken Wings & Drumsticks
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/4 lb chicken wings
- 3/4 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup Newman’s Own Marinade Teriyaki
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine garlic salt, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and freshly ground pepper.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, to grease two baking sheets (or dishes).
- Rinse drumsticks and chicken wings and pat dry. Roll drumsticks in the mixed spices and place on the baking sheets. Begin baking drumsticks, then repeat process with chicken wings. Cook for about 55 minutes or until done.
- Toss with teriyaki marinade. Serves: 8 appetizers. Enjoy!
I like the combination of dry rub and sauce. The pepper adds a nice kick. They all went and the group seemed to like them, too.
- Nutrition note: Restaurants usually deep-fry chicken wings. Bake your own for a healthier, yet equally tasty, option.