Kathryn says: J and I recently hosted an awesome Christmas cookie exchange party. I had the vision for these cookies dancing in my head. I modified a sugar cookie recipe I found online and added crushed candy canes to the batter. When I saw White Chocolate Peppermint Hershey’s Kisses at the grocery store, I knew this would be a delightful addition. However, the tips of the kisses started to brown in the oven, so I modified the recipe below so that the kisses bake for less time. The cookies were a sweet, minty treat, and they made for festive eye candy too.
- 1 cup soft butter (Smart Balance Buttery Sticks Omega-3)
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 4 oz. crushed candy canes
- 8 oz. bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar, white sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Gradually add crushed candy canes and flour. Mix well.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-size balls and place at least half an inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press your thumb into the center of each cookie to make a spot for the kisses.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes and then add a kiss to each cookie. Bake for 2-4 more minutes.
- Makes: 4 dozen cookies.