Jamie says: I love breakfast! So, I made breakfast for lunch the other day. This meal reminded me of a delicious breakfast I had once at a restaurant called Sisters for Breakfast.
Waffle, Scrambled Egg, Goat cheese, and Sautéed Spinach & Onions
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (Publix)
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 multigrain waffle (Van’s Natural Foods 8 whole grains)
- 2 cups spinach (Publix)
- 1 large, omega 3 egg (4-grain)
- 1 Tbsp goat cheese (Chavrie)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil buttery spread (Smart Balance)
- 2 Tbsp 100% pure all natural Grade A maple syrup (Spring Tree)
- Heat a large saute pan on medium heat. Meanwhile, slice onion. Add oil to pan. Then add sliced onion. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. When done, set aside on plate.
- Next, toast waffle in toaster. Meanwhile, in the same saute pan, add spinach, mix into oil in pan, and heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Set waffle and spinach aside on plate.
- In the same pan, crack an egg, and scramble it. Cook until done.
- Assemble meal- add egg and cheese to plate with onions, spinach, and waffle. Add buttery spread and syrup to waffle. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
The medley of flavors came together quite nicely. I enjoyed this sampler plate.
- Nutrition note: Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin A. Two cups provides 55% of the daily value of vitamin A.