Jamie says: You probably won’t believe it, but I made this placemat in grad school last year. My class (all 6 of us) developed a family nutrition program called Get Healthy Together. We each developed two lessons with experiential learning activities and snacks. The placemat was from one of my classmate’s activities. It was a fun week.
Honey Nut Toasted Oats Cereal with Banana, Almonds, and Honey
- 1 medium banana
- 1 1/2 cups Publix honey nut toasted oats cereal
- 1/4 cup Wonderful mini almonds, roasted & salted
- 1 tablespoon honey (Highland Manor from Leigh Anne’s wedding)
- 1 cup Publix skim milk
- Slice banana and add to a bowl along with cereal, almonds, honey, and milk. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
I love the sweet and salty combo! (Thank you for the honey, Leigh Anne.) The crunch of the almonds is a plus, too.
- Nutrition note: Don’t miss out on breakfast! In addition to “tasting good and filling you up” (see picture), eating breakfast can help with weight management. Research suggests that those who eat breakfast have a lower Body Mass Index (BMI) than those who skip.