Jamie says: I’m switching things up. Forget the boring peanut butter and jelly sandwich…here’s my new take on it. Oh, and try cutting it on the diagonal for a change. 🙂
Almond and Blueberry Jelly Sandwich
- 2 slices Nature’s Own 100% whole grain bread
- 2 Tbsp Crofter’s Just Fruit Spread organic wild blueberry
- 1/4 cup Wonderful mini almonds
- Spread fruit spread on a slice of bread. Stick almonds in jelly. Put other slice of bread on top. Cut on the diagonal. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
I love the crunch of the almonds. The blueberry flavor is nice for a change, too.
- Nutrition note: Look for fruit spreads that are made with real fruit and/or juice, such as Crofter’s Just Fruit Spreads (Mom bought me a jar from Whole Foods Market), that do not have any added sugar or sweeteners. They are often lower in calories and provide more nutrition, such as vitamin C.